AuSable Valley Snowmobile Association
November 2015 Newsletter
Trails Open December 1st, do your snow dance!
Groomer Building Project – The lease agreement with the County for a parcel of land in the Sports Complex was agreeable, however construction estimates came in higher than expected exceeding our original budget. Local banks are not willing to make a construction loan for a building on leased land so back to square one and look for land to purchase.
Elections Announcement – Three board seats Keith Miles, Rob Yon and Art Fisette will be up for election at the General Membership meeting December 3, 2015. If, you would like to nominate someone for any of these seats mail that information to AVSA, PO Box 1176, Grayling, MI 49738 or in person prior to the December 3, 2015 General Membership Meeting.
Trail Maintenance – Brushing and signing has been completed. When the crews are signing it looks like a parade coming down the trail. A tractor for auguring holes, a pickup with signposts, finally the truck with signs and we need many different signs. There are three major reasons we need to replace some signs annually on the trails delamination, theft, and vandalism. Seems people feels signs are targets!
Snowmobiling Quick Facts – Source International Snowmobile Manufactures Association (ISMA)
- In 2015 there were 150,713 snowmobiles sold worldwide; 58,299 were sold in the U.S. and 50,752 were sold in Canada an 11% increase over 2014.
- There are approximately 1.3 million registered snowmobiles in the US and over 600,000 registered snowmobiles in Canada.
The Economic Impact of Snowmobiling:
- United States—$26 billion annually
- Canada—$8 billion annually
- Over 100,000 full time jobs are generated by the snowmobile industry in North America. Those jobs are involved in manufacturing, dealerships and tourism related businesses.
General Membership Meetings– Our next meeting will be December 3, 2015. Meetings are held at the Ramada Inn of Grayling starting at 7:pm on the first Thursday of the month. AVSA meetings are open to anyone who wishes to attend.