Here’s the latest poop. Rain turned to snow yesterday morning at 8 and we picked up a quick 4″ of wet snow followed by another 2-3″ overnight and this morning and as of 10 am it’s still coming down.
Right now conditions are ride-able and I would consider the trails to be fair for several reasons, water puddles are definitely going to come into play and the trails have yet to be adequately cut in by the groomers so ruts will be an issue as well.
The jury is still out as far as grooming activities go and I will be better educated after the test run that I’m about to go on but I would tell you that I’m leaning toward not going because of the water holes and more importantly the forecast. Rain is in the works for Friday and the trails stand a better chance of surviving if they are left alone in terms of grooming. There are times when it’s better to let sled traffic do the packing and this is probably one of those times.
Next report after the warm up.
Ride Often and Please Be Safe,
Keith, Sandy and the Kids