We got about an inch or so overnight and into this morning. I know that it’s not much to get excited about however all we are looking for at the moment is enough for lube and cooling. The reason I say that is because it looks like there’s a fair amount of bonding going on with the snow we got last weekend and the prevalent ice. So basically there’s a crusty cap on top of the ice. We are not grooming now but could be next week if the forecast holds true. Should we get a general 4″ or so we will treat it like an early in the season start up and pan the new snow and cut only where absolutely necessary. We will do what we can to avoid disturbing the bonding that seems to be going on now and try to build the base on top to hopefully create some kind of buffer between you and the ice.
The snow in the forecast couldn’t come on a better day of the week as it will give us time to do a couple of passes on all segments before the weekend traffic arrives. Hopefully we can see some much needed improvement.
Trails conditions remain fair but certainly ride-able.
Will update early next week.
Ride Often and Please Be Safe,
Keith, Sandy and The Girls